Our Kazakhstan Journey

Welcome! Gary and I want to share our experiences as we travel to Kazakhstan for or child(ren).

Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Preparations

8/3/2006-Well we are armed with laptop, camcorder, camera...now if I can only learn to set them up and use them before I leave on Sunday. Where will all the clothes go? We haven't started packing yet, but have bought all the stuff we think we'll need...everything but the kitchen sink. I am frustrated with my blogging efforts, I can't seem to post anything new. This is very frustrating. I try out the camcorder and it works and I figured out how to play back the DVDs. These small accomplishments keep me motivated. Maybe I am too focused on the techie stuff and not enough on the bigger picture. I should be happy...I am...but I feel overwhelmed by the prospect of being a a foreign country where paractically no English is spoken. I will be completely reliant on my agency's staff in Kazakhstan. There is also a decision to be made about where to stay...hotel or flat. It is 95 degrees in Almaty and the 5 day forecast show little change. In a flat there will probably be no AC or fans. A hotel has a better likelihood of these creature comforts but will be smaller and not have the convenience of a kitchen and a cook. We decide that we will spend a few days in a hotel and then move to the flat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All will be fine. Trust in God. Whenever you feel tense or stressed, repeat to yourself "Divine Order". You can use this as your mantra, so to speak. Garth, Kyle and myself wish you the very best and are excited and happy just the same as you are.
Remember, good things come to those who wait and now the wait is over! This is your time - Enjoy!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home